A History of
Excellence for Robinson
Since its inception in 1975, Robinson has continued to evolve based on the needs of its customers. With a start in heating, cooling and roofing to becoming a Fab 40 leader in contract metal fabrication, one thing has remained consistent: Robinson’s dedication to providing customers the highest quality products delivered with excellent customer service, all under one roof.
Metal is in our DNA.
As Robinson expanded to include three Northeast Wisconsin facilities, its team prides itself on delivering what customers need to be successful, from engineering and design to fabrication and machining and more. If a product is made of metal, Robinson can complete the job. You could say metal is in our DNA.
From our humble beginnings nearly 50 years ago, Robinson has grown into a premier manufacturer recognized as a top contract metal fabrication company.
After working in their father Al’s business, brothers Maurie and Tom Robinson open Robinson Metal & Roofing, a new venture offering three distinct services: sheet metal work, heating and air conditioning, and roofing.1975
Tom’s son, Todd, joins as a salesperson in heating and cooling.1987
Long-time employee, Darrell LaCrosse, becomes General Manager1989
The Robinsons sell the roofing department to its foreman.1995
Robinson forms two new divisions: Custom Enclosures and Machining.1998
Darrell LaCrosse and Todd Robinson buy the company after Maurie Robinson passes away and Tom Robinson retires.1999
Under a new name, Robinson Metal, Inc. relocates to a larger facility, allowing for increased capabilities.2000
Robinson earns a Greater Green Bay Chamber Manufacturing Award of Distinction in the Medium Company category.2007
Robinson adds a 60,000-square-foot addition.2008
Robinson certifies to the ASME R, S and U stamp code requirements.2010
Robinson certifies to the ISO 9001: 2008 Standard.2011
- The Greater Green Bay Chamber again awards Robinson with a Manufacturing Award of Distinction, this time with the Judge’s Choice Award for Workforce Development.
- Robinson re-certifies to the ISO 9001: 2015 Standard.
- The Northeast Wisconsin Manufacturing Alliance recognizes Robinson in the Excellence in Manufacturing K-12 Partnership Awards.
- Robinson purchases a 112,000-square-foot facility in Manitowoc.
- Robinson is named the Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year in the Large Company category.
Robinson acquires another 178,000-square-foot facility in De Pere, 80,000 square feet dedicated to coatings2019
The name changes to Robinson, Inc. to better reflect the company’s vast range of capabilities.2020
- Robinson Heating & Cooling is sold to its service manager and commercial sales representative.
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG names Robinson a Worldwide Supplier Award Gold Winner.
Robinson again earns the Gold Winner award from Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG.2022
- Robinson adds a 25,000 square foot addition to its Manitowoc facility.
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College and the Wisconsin Technical College System Board recognize Robinson with a Futuremaker Partner Award.
- Robinson earns The Chamber of Manitowoc County, Large Business of the Year Award.
- Robinson becomes 100% employee-owned after introducing an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
If you want to trust your next contract metal fabrication project to a company with a long history of excellence, contact Robinson today.